Bill Brock mentioned that it was a strange morning, with only the low stuff working, but that pretty good. Same here. The bottom half of the band was almost 100% audio sometime during dawn enhancement; the top half was about as bad as I've seen it in the last two months. Further, only the lowest 25% from 828 on down had anything above language recognition level. However, that lower 25% was doing FINE. The run from 531 thru 639 was universally in the 8s and 9s... the strongest that I've ever heard that run together.

The nicest thing was I heard a new station.... at least new to my Heard-but-not-QSLed list that I'm constructing this year: 630-CNR2 dominating the Seattle station and KJNO in Juneau. The Chinese was actually stronger than the very strong 6155 parallel during part of the morning.... at 1400. In fact all of the hyper-strong activity was noted in early runs before 1420UTC. 639 was quite strong as CNR1 as was 756. The lower Koreans were doing very well, too.

So, very frequency-dependent and only the lowest part of the band, but a new station is ALWAYS a reason to celebrate!

John B.