Just a warning that we finally made it back to the South Prairie portion known as Stillwater, OK. When we left Orcas Island, Washington a week ago minus about three hours, we thought that we might actually make the shortest run to Oklahoma down thru Salt Lake and Cheyenne. Our first overnight in Portland allowed us to look at single digit lows in southern Wyoming and turned us to our official "Winter Route" which basically is, "Down I-5, straight south to Bakersfield and turn left" which takes us through central Arizona and in through Amarillo to northcentral Oklahoma.

When we got to Needles on the CA/AZ border, we heard of a nasty snow storm in Eastern NM, running as far south as Houston, so we diverted even further South, having a nice reunion with Linda's ASU nursing school classmates in Phoenix and then on thru Tucson, El Paso, Midland-Odessa and Ft. Worth to see the grandchildren.... then a carefully-timed run straight north to Oklahoma. A 3.5 day 2,100 mile trip turned into a 7-day 3,000 mile trip, but we are back in Stillwater, never once driving on icy roads... and having seen some good friends and family.

Of course, here in Oklahoma, we got to freezing temperatures (for highs) and tomorrow night we'll see single digits. Thursday and Friday should warm into the 40s and I'll put up parts of the Wellbrook array then.... and morf into a serious ultralight domestic MW DXer once again.

While on this highway odyssey, I worked on three MW articles that will soon see the light of day:

"Using the NRC Pattern Book as a Serious DX Tool"
"Adding an Integral Outside Antenna Port to the PL-310 and the PL-380"
"Having Fun with Universal's Portable Radio Stands"

So, we are back in Oklahoma (Monday at noon) and getting READY TO RADIO!

John Bryant
Stillwater, OK
WinRadio G313e + Ultralights
Wellbrook Phased Array