There seems to be an issue with the Arris modems for RF noise. I checked online
and found a few complaints. There is little shielding in the plastic  boxes and
since the only compatible dual modems for cable seems to be Arris ones, it
looks like my only choice is to just switch it off when DXing. There is no
walwart, and the unit just seems to radiate lots of harmonics. Shielding the
unit, helped a bit. But others have tried chokes, shielding, you name it. It
seems to be an issue with this unit. The price is $227 as dual modems are not
inexpensive, but I guess shutting it off will work. To get phone calls, I will
transfer the numbers to my cel phone and the transfer works even when there in
no power. But at least, the noise is something I can control. But going into
this I figured I may have issues. That is one reason I was reluctant to go with
high speed for years, but at least I can switch the modem off. Not what I had
hoped, but whatever works. Thanks for everyones advice!
 ..

Patrick Martin
Seaside OR
KGED QSL Manager