Asian propagation cooled off slightly from yesterday's level, but there were
still many interesting signals throughout the band. Another generous sunrise
enhancement brought up some obscure signals on both the low and middle band,
along with a jamming mystery on 1566.

My session started off at 1255 with a potent signal from 1566-HLAZ's Japanese
service, the carrier of which sounded a little strange (with minor warbling).
Upon investigation there was a pulse-type tone (about 700 Hz) every two seconds
on HLAZ's signal, which obviously wasn't part of the Japanese service
programming (fading in and out at different intervals). Obviously China is the
major suspect, although I'll admit that this type of jamming signal doesn't
sound nearly as obnoxious as the 1053 blaster. Sunrise enhancement around 1315
brought up the usual Japanese and Korean big guns on 594, 693, 747, 774, 828,
972 and 1053 at energetic levels in and out, along with a mix of China and HLSA
on 603, a relatively weak 657-Pyonyang, a mystery station on 738 (didn't sound
Chinese at all), 1017-CRI's Korean service at a weak level, 1035-CNR1 with
ghostly Chinese echoes and a fair appearance of 1044-CRI's Japanese service.
Concentrating on the 738 mystery signal I made a fair-level r
 ecording at 1326, which sounded Korean to me, but there were no Korean
parallels available to check at the time (HLKG has been received here many
times during more favorable solar years). These second-tier Asians faded in and
out from 1315-1340, with none of them sounding particularly energetic. On the
other hand several Japanese and Korean big guns pounded in with serious
strength at various times, especially 594-JOAK and 972-HLCA around 1330.
Overall the propagation wasn't bad for September, and it will be interesting to
see what transpires on 1566 after this morning.

738 UnID Korean-sounding speech at fair level at 1326; BEL2 strangely absent.
No parallels available for HLKG confirmation
https://app.box.com/s/4xprho1inaeg3izlr1frs78wvl0q5s8g

1566 HLAZ + Jammer Jeju, S. Korea Pulse-type jammer every two seconds
(approximately 700 Hz tone) on Japanese service programming at 1300; first time
noticed here https://app.box.com/s/7q4zbzoj1la7e5jj04tehz74vlm3ujk4

73 and Good DX,
Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA, USA)
7.5" loopstick C.Crane Skywave Ultralight +
15" FSL antenna