Richard:

Despite the weak and tentative loggings on some frequencies, your DU-DXing
results in Oklahoma are already pretty phenomenal for someone using a $50
pocket radio and an 8" diameter antenna.

<<< I didn’t hear anything on 567 kHz, but the PL-380’s S/N indicator was
showing a signal. >>>

The PL-380 does this occasionally with very weak signals. It's like an early
indication of a possible reception.

<<< I got lucky hearing 3LO on Sunday. I couldn’t understand the talking on the
program, but there was a passage of distinctive sounding Tibetan music that
matched the simulcast on Radio Australia. Later I downloaded a podcast from the
ABC to compare. There is no doubt that I heard the station. >>>

Yes, the ABC website can be very useful for DXers who have received a DU
signal, and want to match the programming content at a specific time and date.
Most of the programs are archived with a dated and timed podcast, although as
you know, it takes a little time and practice to sort through the website maze.

<<< Unfortunately I couldn’t do the same after with 4BC yesterday. Due to the
weak signal and QRN it was just unintelligent talk by a man. I’m pretty sure it
was English. There was a brief announcement by a woman that coincided with what
was on the internet. Even after running the recording passed Audacity and
iTunes several time I couldn’t tell what I had heard. So I’m only listing the
4BC ID as tentative. I can’t believe it’s only 6.3 kW at night. I briefly had a
inaudible signal on 1016 kHz at sunset in Brisbane this morning. >>>

Unfortunately as a commercial station, talk-oriented 1116-4BC doesn't have
anything like the multiple parallels and website archives of the ABC stations.
But it is one of the strongest Australian signals here on the west coast,
regularly received in places like Victoria. I'm sure you will receive it at a
better level if you keep trying.

1017 kHz is one of the more interesting DU frequencies on the west coast.
Besides A3Z in Tonga (with its foreign language and early signoff, usually
around 1100 UTC) the most common catches on the ocean coast are the Australian
horse racing station 2KY and NZ's Newstalk ZB. 1017-Tonga has a reputation for
being undermodulated, but it is still frequently received when propagation
favors it, usually around its local sunset. Unfortunately its early sign off
usually makes it impossible for west coast DXpeditioners to hear it during our
sunrise enhancement sessions.

73, Gary DeBock (in Puyallup, WA)

I didn’t hear anything on 567 kHz, but the PL-380’s S/N indicator was showing a
signal.

I got lucky hearing 3LO on Sunday. I couldn’t understand the talking on the
program, but there was a passage of distinctive sounding Tibetan music that
matched the simulcast on Radio Australia. Later I downloaded a podcast from the
ABC to compare. There is no doubt that I heard the station.

Unfortunately I couldn’t do the same after with 4BC yesterday. Due to the weak
signal and QRN it was justl unintelligent talk by a man. I’m pretty sure it was
English. There was a brief announcement by a woman that coincided with what was
on the internet. Even after running the recording passed Audacity and iTunes
several time I couldn’t tell what I had heard. So I’m only listing the 4BC ID
as tentative. I can’t believe it’s only 6.3 kW at night. I briefly had a
inaudible signal on 1016 kHz at sunset in Brisbane this morning.

I feel Tahiti on 738 kHz is nearly impossible because of the inference on 740
kHz. At night, I mostly hear near-by KRMG (25 kW) and CFZM (50 kW) with an
occasional XE from south of the border. The same is true of 4QR on 612.
KCSP-610 is audible 24/7 and pretty much impossible to null toward Australia.
There is also XEGS in Sinaloa.

Because of the distance and super powered signals, it’s easier to hear Asians.

Good DX.

Richard.
believed to be clean.