HLAZ has never done a great job with their website and schedule updates, though
it seems to be top-notch since FEBC redid their websites rather recently. I
still haven't listened to the stream due to being asleep whenever I should
remember it, but the website was never updated accordingly. I wonder if this is
just a temporary schedule change with the Olympics and diplomacy and whatnot -
sort of throwing shade at the north for all that is happening now, though given
FEBC in Incheon, which has always run both RFA and VOA, though for almost the
entire night, the change really is no surprise. I guess we'll wait and see. My
check of all radio news and local and world news in English and Korean
yesterday yielded absolutely zero results.

As for jammers, Pyongyang has always been on 1566 and that sound should break
through easily if you're getting any piece of it. It's parallel the massive
jammer on 1467 in Haeju. You can find numerous clips of both jammers, which I
lived close to, on my website and floating around wherever I've been (any links
posted to here in the past are long-since broken I'm sure). But interestingly,
1188, though about 20 miles from the border with VOA and RFA, has never been
jammed that I was aware of. I could hear the 972 jammer from atop the downtown
skyscrapers in Seoul; if 1188 was jammed, I'd have heard it. So with all the
inconsistencies, who knows what's going on or their intent. I'm basically out
of the DX scene now, so aside from helping out out of boredom, I'll leave
investigation up to those who can hear it.

-Chris Kadlec
 Seoul AM Radio Listening Guide