I'm somewhat in agreement with everyone else.  The bottom half of the band was downright miserable today, but the upper half was a bit better (let's call it somewhat below average).

What I assume was Taiwan made another surprise cameo appearance at the end of the session.  I also had brief audio from the Chinese station on 1116, which is starting to become a regular here.  Those two were about the only two bright spots this morning.

693    JAPAN, JOAB, 1333 Chinese lesson fair-poor

747    JAPAN, JOIB, 1313 woman talking //774, barely audible

774    JAPAN, JOUB, 1313 fair woman in Japanese, apparently part of the usual English lesson

972    S KOREA, 1333 fair w/pop song and Korean discussion

981    CHINA, CNR1, 1322 Chinese talk poor

1116    CHINA, unid, 1322 woman in Chinese briefly audible fair-poor

1323    CHINA, CRI (presumed) 1310 bits of talk, Russian-like inflections

1422    JAPAN, JORF, 1338 fair-poor easy listening songs & woman in Japanese

1557    TAIWAN?, 1337-1341 woman in Chinese peaking late. I didn't have a carrier here until 1330, by 1337 it was as strong as 1566, by 1342 it was gone

1566    S KOREA, HLAZ 1240 best signal of the morning, woman good in Japanese, otherwise fair-poor today

1575    THAILAND, VOA 1300, English signoff like the one I heard yesterday, except today the signal was faint