--- Begin Message ---
Having just reviewed the extensive recordings from my first serious TP DX
session from the Kona Isle Condos I’ll start by providing the highlights with a
more extensive report to follow. I set up my portable shack, which is comprised
of Gary DeBock’s superb hot-riffed Tecsun PL-380 with the also superb 5” FSL on
a picnic table on the grounds of the Kona Isle Condominium complex. The picnic
table is about 50 ft. From the water. I tried a limited session from the
balcony of the 2nd story condo the night before with marginal results. The
picnic table by the water is clearly the way to go! Times in UTC.

612 kHz at 0928 fem. with cmmtry w/Aussie accent, pres 4QR

621 kHz at 0933 w/m & f in Tuvaluan? big S6 - S7 signal, Pres. R. Tuvalu, big
het on freq

630 kHz at 0936 m & f in w/Aussie accent, Pres 4QN, lots of QRM with this one

702 kHz at 0952 nice armchair signal, m & f w/cmmtry on Australian Social
Services, discussion on Australian legalization of medical marijuana, Pres 2BL

774 kHz at 1000 m & f w/futbol & spts mx, Victoria wx, “in Melbourne, it’s 14
degrees” 3LO

792 kHz at 1005 w/fem w/Aussie accent, fair, Pres 4RN

810 kHz at 1008 w/fem w/Aussie accent,  fair, Pres 2BA

846 kHz at 1012 w/ fem in Kiribati?, monster armchair signal, S9+, into
choir-type singing

855 kHz at 1036 w/anncr w/Aussie accent, poss 4QO or 4QB??

1017 kHz at 1053 weak w/fem in Tongan? Poss A3Z??

1098 kHz at 1016 w/island type pop mx, male speaking in Marshallese? Pres V7AB,
also at 1102 UTC w/ m & f, fair to good

1170 kHz at 1116 w/ middle eastern sounding mx????

1233 kHz at 1133 w/m & f Aussie type accent, weak to fair, poss 2NC

1440 kHz at 1024 w/fem in Kiribati? Into choir type singing, Pres R Kiribati

1548 kHz at 1152 w/fem w/Aussie accent, poor to fair, poss 4QD

73,

Craig Barnes
(Kona Coast, HI)

Sent from my iPhone