Because IronRuby is an implementation of the Ruby language you will be able
to use ActiveRecord with anything.
I want to note again that there won't be a thing like IronRuby on Rails. The
rails framework will just run on IronRuby just like it now runs on CRuby and
JRuby.

The database I'm using is irrelevant when I'm using ActiveRecord as long as
I don't set indexes it should run on sqlite as well for example.

hth
Ivan