ACTION ALERT - Israeli lives mean more to BBC than Palestinian lives!
http://www.mpacuk.org/content/view/4454/34/

The BBC ignored the murders of over 120 Palestinians in Gaza!

On the other hand the BBC gave full coverage to the 8 Israeli deaths at a
Mercaz HaRav seminary just recently. The headlines were full of the news!

Please email the BBC and complain NOW. If we can generate enough complaints the
BBC will buckle. It has worked before and TOGETHER we can do it again inshAllah!

Please PLEASE if you care about your Palestinian brothers and sisters you would
do every little it takes to help.

Follow this link and complain to the BBC

http://www.mpacuk.org/content/view/4454/34/

Protest to BBC - email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

I condemn the killing of all innocent civilians, Israelis and Palestinians. But
it seems the BBC value the lives of Israelis above the lives of Palestinians.

This is clear when reporting on the story of the attack on the seminary. That
story received much more coverage compared to the killings of 39 children that
died a week/fortnight before in Palestine in attacks from the Israeli
Government.

To give you an example, when 4 Palestinian children were killed by the Israelis
whilst playing football, you dedicated just one page and one video. See:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/mid...st/7269154.stm

In contrast lets look at the seminary attack. You have the following web pages:

1. Israel buries victims of shooting
2. Attack won't halt talks - Israel
3. World reacts to shooting
4. In pictures: Seminary attack
5. Ripple effect Fallout from Jerusalem seminary attack depends on who ordered
it
6. Grim mood at seminary
7. Israeli voices: Seminary shooting
And then you have two videos.

Does the BBC value the lives of Israelis more than Palestinians?

I am asking that you give the Palestinians the same coverage when their
children get killed as the Israelis.

Most shockingly Israeli civilian victims are given hugely disproportionate
coverage compared to Palestinian civilian victims. Also I have noticed that
Israeli attacks are often described as a 'response', but Palestinian attacks
are rarely if ever described that way - distorting the portrayal of
responsibility in the 'cycle of violence'. Also Israeli victims are usually
portrayed in a way that engenders empathy (named, pictured, their grieving
families highlighted) whereas Palestinian victims are often mentioned merely as
statistics. Crucially there has also been a shocking lack of critical scrutiny
of claims by the Israeli authorities that the army acts to avoid civilian
casualties - despite overwhelming evidence to the contrary from respected human
rights organisations.