6. Chapter: On Fearful Awareness of Allah (Taqwa)

Allah Almighty says, "O you who believe, have taqwa of Allah with the taqwa due
to Him," (3:102) and the Almighty says, "Have taqwa of Allah as much as you are
able to." (64:16) This verse clarifies what is meant by the first verse. Allah
Almighty says, "O you who believe! Have taqwa of Allah, and speak words which
hit the mark." (33:70) The verses which command taqwa of Allah are many and
well-known. Allah Almighty says, "Whoever has taqwa of Allah, He will give him
a way out and provide for him from where he does not expect." (65:2-3) The
Almighty says, "If you have taqwa of Allah, He will you discrimination and
erase your bad actions from you and forgive you. Allah's favour is indeed
immense." (8:29)
69. Abu Hurayra said, "It was asked, 'Messenger of Allah, who is the noblest of
people?' He replied, 'The one with the most fear of Allah.' They said, 'This is
not what we meant.' He said, 'Yusuf, the Prophet of Allah, son of a Prophet of
Allah, son of a Prophet of Allah, son of the Friend of Allah.' They said, 'This
is not what we meant either.' He said, 'Is it then about the Arabs that you
asking? The best of them in the Time of Ignorance is the best of them in Islam
when they have knowledge (of the deen).'" [Agreed upon]
70. Abu Sa'id al-Khudri reported that the Prophet, (PBUH), said, "This world is
green and sweet. Allah has put you in charge of it so be careful how you
behave. Beware of this world and beware of women. The first trouble experienced
by the Tribe of Israel was on account of women." [Muslim]
73. Abu Umama Sudayy ibn 'Ajlan al-Bahili said, "I heard the Messenger of
Allah, (PBUH), speaking in the Hajj of Farewell. He said, 'Fear Allah, pray
your five prayers, fast your month, pay the zakat on your property and obey
your leaders and you will enter Jannah of your Lord." [at-Tirmidhi]