TO UNSUBSCRIBE: email "unsubscribe issforum" in the body of your message to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  Contact [EMAIL PROTECTED] for help with any problems!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi
I placed Server Sensor on the NNIDS page under guidance from ISS, I saw the
product as a hybrid IDS, but bowed to the vendors judgement.(it may even be
on both!)

To some extent it's immaterial as NetworkICE has been bought by ISS,
bringing the BlackICE Agent product into the ISS stable.  Agent is IMHO an
excellent NNIDS.  However, if you buy a BlackICE product I'd suggest
attempting to get ISS to agree to upgrade to the up and coming combined
product (RealSecure 7 - I think) for free, as I've heard a rumour that there
may be an additional charge to do so retrospectively.

[moderator-delete that last sentence rather than drop the post in it's
entirety]

perhaps ISS could give a more objective view on this

-andy
http://www.networkintrusion.co.uk
----- Original Message -----
From: "Mitchell, Brian (ISS Atlanta)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'Hihsam Kotry'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2001 8:51 PM
Subject: RE: Regarding NNIDSs


>
> TO UNSUBSCRIBE: email "unsubscribe issforum" in the body of your message
to
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Contact [EMAIL PROTECTED] for help with any
problems!
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------
--
>
> I think support may have thought you were referring to promiscuous mode
> network intrusion detection, as opposed to host based network intrusion
> detection (NIDS vs NNIDS). Server Sensor is OS Sensor + NNIDS
functionality,
> if that helps any.
>
> http://documents.iss.net/literature/RealSecure/rs_ps.pdf has an overview
of
> the ids products.
>
>
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Hihsam Kotry [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
> Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2001 1:43 PM
> To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> Subject: Regarding NNIDSs
>
>
>
> TO UNSUBSCRIBE: email "unsubscribe issforum" in the body of your message
to
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Contact [EMAIL PROTECTED] for help with any
> problems!
> --------------------------------------------------------------------------
--
>
> First of all I would like to thank everyone whom
> replied to my previous post,
>
> Now, from a link I got -
> http://www.networkintrusion.co.uk/firepers.htm#RealSecure
> Server Sensor - this link states that RealSecure
> Server Sensor could be used as a NNIDS, but after
> contacting ISS customer support, I was told that
> RealSecure doesn't run as a NNIDS, any help on whats
> going on??
>
> __________________________________________________
> Do You Yahoo!?
> Make a great connection at Yahoo! Personals.
> http://personals.yahoo.com
>
>
>
>



Reply via email to