TO UNSUBSCRIBE: email "unsubscribe issforum" in the body of your message to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  Contact [EMAIL PROTECTED] for help with any problems!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

RealSecure can not detect below command as a port scan.

./nmap -sF -P0 -e eth0 -S
1.1.1.1 -D212.1.1.0,10.1.1.1,10.100.1.5,213.14.15.2,64.33.12.8,1.2.3.4,38.34
.6.2,33.33.2.1,33.31.31.2 target



-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]On Behalf Of
Mitchell, Brian (ISS Atlanta)
Sent: 17 Ekim 2001 �ar�amba 22:52
To: 'Hihsam Kotry'; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: RE: Regarding NNIDSs


TO UNSUBSCRIBE: email "unsubscribe issforum" in the body of your message to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  Contact [EMAIL PROTECTED] for help with any
problems!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think support may have thought you were referring to promiscuous mode
network intrusion detection, as opposed to host based network intrusion
detection (NIDS vs NNIDS). Server Sensor is OS Sensor + NNIDS functionality,
if that helps any.

http://documents.iss.net/literature/RealSecure/rs_ps.pdf has an overview of
the ids products.



-----Original Message-----
From: Hihsam Kotry [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2001 1:43 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Regarding NNIDSs



TO UNSUBSCRIBE: email "unsubscribe issforum" in the body of your message to
[EMAIL PROTECTED]  Contact [EMAIL PROTECTED] for help with any
problems!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

First of all I would like to thank everyone whom
replied to my previous post,

Now, from a link I got -
http://www.networkintrusion.co.uk/firepers.htm#RealSecure
Server Sensor - this link states that RealSecure
Server Sensor could be used as a NNIDS, but after
contacting ISS customer support, I was told that
RealSecure doesn't run as a NNIDS, any help on whats
going on??

__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Make a great connection at Yahoo! Personals.
http://personals.yahoo.com





Reply via email to