erisu commented on PR #1539: URL: https://github.com/apache/cordova-android/pull/1539#issuecomment-1486286334
@jcesarmobile, Android Gradle Plugin 8.0 has entered the release candidate stage. Also, If we were to upgrade to AGP 8.0 in this release, it have to force everyone up to JDK 17. AGP 8.0 requires JDK 17. Also, Android Studio Flamingo will bundle JDK 17. Flamingo is not in beta stage. It is still in the canary stage. I still dont have an exact ETA for the Android release, but must be released no later then July for Google's August requirements. I think we sometimes explain that users can and maybe should use the JDK version that is bundled with Android Studio, but I am nto sure if Flamingo will be avaialble before AGP 8.0 is released. Maybe more documentation in how to support JDK 17 + JDK 11... -- This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service. To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the URL above to go to the specific comment. To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected] For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at: [email protected] --------------------------------------------------------------------- To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected] For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]
