[ 
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-13413?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=14608799#comment-14608799
 ] 

Andrew Purtell commented on HBASE-13413:
----------------------------------------

bq. Was there a particular reason that this wasn't backported into branch-1.0?

I don't recall. 

Hopefully I'm paraphrasing correctly, [~enis]'s policy on branch-1.0 is things 
don't go in if not in the bug fix bucket. However, I believe we should (if are 
not already) treat test tooling and release eng differently than user facing 
changes. I think we'd want to be able to run this IT for subsequent 1.0.x patch 
releases.



> Create an integration test for Replication
> ------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: HBASE-13413
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-13413
>             Project: HBase
>          Issue Type: Test
>          Components: integration tests
>    Affects Versions: 1.0.0, 2.0.0
>            Reporter: Rajesh Nishtala
>            Assignee: Rajesh Nishtala
>            Priority: Minor
>             Fix For: 2.0.0, 1.1.0, 0.98.13
>
>         Attachments: HBASE-13413-0.98.patch, HBASE-13413-v1.patch, 
> HBASE-13413-v2.patch, HBASE-13413.patch
>
>
> We want to have an end-to-end test for replication. it can write data into 
> one cluster (with replication setup) and then read data from the other. The 
> test should be capable of running for a long time and be reliant even under 
> chaos monkey testing.



--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.4#6332)

Reply via email to