[
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-13413?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=14608960#comment-14608960
]
Enis Soztutar commented on HBASE-13413:
---------------------------------------
bq. Hopefully I'm paraphrasing correctly, Enis Soztutar's policy on branch-1.0
is things don't go in if not in the bug fix bucket.
Yes. I think it is not just my policy, but a policy that all committers should
stick to for more stable and predictable releases. I really hate point releases
where some random improvement breaks something which gets fixed two point
releases later, etc. With semver and current release line-up in branch-1
series, it is relatively very easy to upgrade if a user wants to pick up new
features.
bq. However, I believe we should (if are not already) treat test tooling and
release eng differently than user facing changes.
Yes. Test improvements should go in regardless whether they are bug fixes or
not. More tests = more stable release.
> Create an integration test for Replication
> ------------------------------------------
>
> Key: HBASE-13413
> URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-13413
> Project: HBase
> Issue Type: Test
> Components: integration tests
> Affects Versions: 1.0.0, 2.0.0
> Reporter: Rajesh Nishtala
> Assignee: Rajesh Nishtala
> Priority: Minor
> Fix For: 2.0.0, 1.1.0, 0.98.13
>
> Attachments: HBASE-13413-0.98.patch, HBASE-13413-v1.patch,
> HBASE-13413-v2.patch, HBASE-13413.patch
>
>
> We want to have an end-to-end test for replication. it can write data into
> one cluster (with replication setup) and then read data from the other. The
> test should be capable of running for a long time and be reliant even under
> chaos monkey testing.
--
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA
(v6.3.4#6332)