Nandakishore created HBASE-20600:
Summary: Loosing HBase data when region server goes down
Issue Type: Bug
I have a issue with HBase cluster.
I have hosted an HBase cluster with Phoenix on EMR emr-5.8.0 and storage as S3.
I have 1 master and 5 slaves 4.x large nodes. I’m losing the data while
querying a table after a region server dies. Here are the steps I followed.
1. Launched the cluster with dfs replication factory as 3.
2. Created the tables and loaded the data using Phoenix.
3. Cross checked the data I loaded into tables and I see the data.
4. Wantedly terminated a EC2 machine which is part of cluster, meaning killing
5. I could see EMR resizing and bringing up the new node.
6. When I query the table after the whole cluster is stable, which usually took
5-10 minutes, I see losing some data which is on dead RS.
Could you please let me know what possibly could go wrong. Also please let me
know if I have to set any properties.
I would be happy to provide more details if you need.
This message was sent by Atlassian JIRA