uschindler commented on PR #16684:
URL: https://github.com/apache/lucene/pull/16684#issuecomment-5831679338

   Hi,
   I know what you mean. But behind scenes two files will still have a single 
entry in page cache. I am just not sure how the read-advice is applied to 
different mappings and how this interferes. Therefor I would have proposed to 
be on safe side and manage a single mapping inside Lucene. By that we have 
control over when which read advice is there for the mapped file (and the FS 
cache behind).
   
   I can do some investigations how this is handled in Linux (not sure about 
windows, macos) when multiple mappings on same file exists.


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to