QuakeWang commented on PR #378: URL: https://github.com/apache/paimon-cpp/pull/378#issuecomment-5760587252
> Thank you for the contribution! Before reviewing this PR in detail, I’d like to confirm the intended scope of the implementation. Does this PR only support reading append tables? It seems primary key tables may require additional changes, for example around `FieldsComparator`. > > Also, although the `TIME` schema can pass validation during creation, it currently cannot be serialized when create table— for example, calling `ToJsonString()` fails with an `unknown type` error. @lxy-9602 Yes, this PR currently targets reading existing append-only Parquet tables. I should have made that clearer in the description. You’re right about PK tables. I checked the merge path, and `RowToArrowArrayConverter` also needs TIME support, beyond the comparator changes. I missed the serialization gap. I’d like to address that here and leave PK support for a separate PR. Does that scope work for you? For serialization, we’ll also need to decide how to handle precision, since the current mapping to `time32[ms]` loses the original `TIME(p)` precision. -- This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service. To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the URL above to go to the specific comment. To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected] For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at: [email protected]
