lxy-9602 commented on PR #378:
URL: https://github.com/apache/paimon-cpp/pull/378#issuecomment-5761777352

   > I missed the serialization gap. I’d like to address that here and leave PK 
support for a separate PR. Does that scope work for you? For serialization, 
we’ll also need to decide how to handle precision, since the current mapping to 
`time32[ms]` loses the original `TIME(p)` precision.
   
   Thanks for your reply! Yeah, I agreed that PK support should be a separate 
pr. I think C++ can follow the paimon-rust design: preserve TIME(p) in the 
Paimon logical schema and treat Arrow time32[ms] only as the execution/storage 
representation. Serialization should use the preserved logical precision 
instead of inferring it from the Arrow type. If introducing a separate logical 
type model is out of scope for this PR, storing the original precision in Arrow 
field metadata could be a transitional solution. Does this look good to you?


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to