ryansun96 opened a new issue, #1032:
URL: https://github.com/apache/paimon-rust/issues/1032

   ### Search before asking
   
   - [x] I searched in the 
[issues](https://github.com/apache/paimon-rust/issues) and found nothing 
similar.
   
   
   ### Please describe the bug 🐞
   
   I'm trying to use Paimon with datafusion and am a bit confused about the 
support for schema evolution.
   
   Right now, I'm doing `PaimonTableProvider::try_new(Table::new(..., schema, 
...))`. If I provide a schema where "col1" no longer exists, whereas my query 
would actually scan files that have col1, I would expect datafusion to complain 
about "col1 does not exist" during the planning phase. Is this intended 
behavior? Is removal of column a supported scenario in schema evolution?
   
   ### Solution
   
   _No response_
   
   ### Are you willing to submit a PR?
   
   - [ ] I'm willing to submit a PR!


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]

Reply via email to