serhiy-bzhezytskyy opened a new pull request, #5042:
URL: https://github.com/apache/solr/pull/5042

   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-18516
   
   # Description
   
   Adds the picocli code path for `bin/solr post` and `bin/solr postlogs`, next 
to the commons-cli one. `test_postlogs.bats` and `test_extraction.bats` could 
not join the picocli suite until now.
   
   # Solution
   
   `PostTool` and `PostLogsTool` get their annotated options and `callTool()` 
and are registered in `SolrCLI`; the commons-cli path is unchanged. Written 
with Claude Code.
   
   # Tests
   
   `PostToolPicocliTest` runs the existing `PostToolTest` through picocli; its 
`--params` value no longer carries literal quotes, which commons-cli strips and 
picocli keeps. `PostLogsToolCliTest` and `PostLogsToolPicocliTest` post a small 
log through both parsers. `test_postlogs.bats` now says `--rootdir`, as picocli 
does not take `-rootdir`. Both BATS files pass under both parsers and are added 
to `integrationTestsPicocli`; `check -x test` is clean (rat skipped).
   
   # Checklist
   
   - [x] I have reviewed the guidelines for [How to 
Contribute](https://github.com/apache/solr/blob/main/CONTRIBUTING.md) and my 
code conforms to the standards described there to the best of my ability.
   - [x] I have created a Jira issue and added the issue ID to my pull request 
title.
   - [x] I have given Solr maintainers 
[access](https://help.github.com/en/articles/allowing-changes-to-a-pull-request-branch-created-from-a-fork)
 to contribute to my PR branch. (optional but recommended, not available for 
branches on forks living under an organisation)
   - [x] I have developed this patch against the `main` branch.
   - [ ] I have run `./gradlew check`.
   - [x] I have added tests for my changes.
   - [x] I have added documentation for the [Reference 
Guide](https://github.com/apache/solr/tree/main/solr/solr-ref-guide)
   - [x] I have added a [changelog 
entry](https://github.com/apache/solr/blob/main/dev-docs/changelog.adoc) for my 
change
   


-- 
This is an automated message from the Apache Git Service.
To respond to the message, please log on to GitHub and use the
URL above to go to the specific comment.

To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]

For queries about this service, please contact Infrastructure at:
[email protected]


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to