[ 
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YUNIKORN-2372?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=17815640#comment-17815640
 ] 

Peter Bacsko edited comment on YUNIKORN-2372 at 2/8/24 11:38 AM:
-----------------------------------------------------------------

It's fine to have a separate tab/view for UG quotas. I haven't been thinking 
about how the details affect rendering, so whatever is more practical. It can 
be also optional for a queue, eg. there's a button which says "display quota 
usage" or something and by default we don't show anything. If someone clicks on 
it, the UI fetches the data from the REST endpoint (not sure if this exists) 
then displays it in a new floating window. I'm pretty bad at UI design and with 
minimal experience I don't have a strong opinion about this, so I'm OK with any 
reasonable approach.

 

"We do not track pending resources per user or group."

This is obviously something for the future, but do you think we should? This 
obviously impacts the manager/tracker code because it needs to accept ask IDs 
and not just resources, plus we need to manage the state of the asks inside the 
trackers to properly clean them up. Still, I'm thinking if this has value.


was (Author: pbacsko):
It's fine to have a separate tab/view for UG quotas. I haven't been thinking 
about how the details affect rendering, so whatever is more practical. It can 
be also optional for a queue, eg. there's a button which says "display quota 
usage" or something and by default we don't show anything. If someone clicks on 
it, the UI fetches the data from the REST endpoint (not sure if this exists) 
then displays it in a new floating window. I'm pretty bad at UI design and with 
minimal experience I don't have a strong opinion about this, so I'm OK with any 
reasonable approach.

> Show user/group quota information on the UI
> -------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: YUNIKORN-2372
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/YUNIKORN-2372
>             Project: Apache YuniKorn
>          Issue Type: Improvement
>          Components: core - scheduler
>            Reporter: Peter Bacsko
>            Assignee: Dong-Lin Hsieh
>            Priority: Major
>
> From a supportability point of view, it's very helpful to show user/group 
> quotas on the UI. If a pod is unschedulable due to an insufficient quota, 
> then it's immediately obvious why once the user looks at the quotas and sees 
> a red bar for a given user/group.



--
This message was sent by Atlassian Jira
(v8.20.10#820010)

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [email protected]
For additional commands, e-mail: [email protected]

Reply via email to