At 4:09 PM +0000 3/20/03, Paulo Soares wrote:
        The filters are not modified, for streams it does a straight copy,
only the strings may look different. The objects are also renumbered.

Then that should work fine for what the person was attempting to accomplish. Any idea why he was seeing "such problems"??

Do you read the entire stream into memory and then write it back out, or do "block" I/O? And why modify/read ANY object (as an object) - you should be able to just copy the object contents "raw" from file to file and therefore avoid the memory overhead (other than the Xref).

        It could be changed to read objects by demand but I don't know how
many would remain untouched with the change of some indirect references.

But the only thing that needs to change are indirect references - and those can be easily handled since you know where they might arise (dicts and arrays).

This would only gain some speed and people really wanting speed are better
served with a C library.

Agreed. (not that iText is that slow...)

I wonder how iTextSharp performs in this regard?!?!

        In this particular Info problem what I intend to do is an
incremental update with the new Info, nothing fancy.

Incremental update would be a GREAT addition - not just for the Info changes, but potentially for all PdfStamper() changes...

Leonard -- --------------------------------------------------------------------------- Leonard Rosenthol <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Chief Technical Officer <http://www.pdfsages.com> PDF Sages, Inc. 215-629-3700 (voice) 215-629-0789 (fax)