Am 04.08.2015 um 04:06 schrieb Milind Gupta:
> I didn't understand your requirements fully. But are you trying to achieve
> something that the lua program below does:
>
> --IupDialog Example in IupLua
> --Creates a simple dialog.
>
> require( "iuplua" )
>
> vbox = iup.vbox {
> iup.hbox{
> iup.label {title="Label"},
> iup.text { border="NO"; value="This is good";
> bgcolor=iup.GetGlobal("DLGBGCOLOR"); readonly="YES"; visiblecolumns=30 };
> gap=10
> }
> }
> dlg = iup.dialog{vbox; title="Dialog",size="QUARTERxQUARTER"}
> dlg:show()
>
> if (iup.MainLoopLevel()==0) then
>   iup.MainLoop()
> end

This is essentially what I'm doing.  Works OK for the simple case.

Maybe except that I'm seeing borders around the iup.text, which is my
first problem.

The second is with the positioning.  Using gridbox I'm trying to get the
left column to make all of the widest label visible.  But I can't figure
out how to achieve that.  I don't have to have gridbox there, but I'd
prefer vertical alignment for the second column.

The third is how to format the right hand side.  Often it's short text
too.  But there is also long single line text, which could really
benefit from word wrapping.  And there is text with embedded newlines,
which in turn needs to be displayed "as is".  It's easy to use different
controls/arguments for each case.  But so far all but the short text do
strange things for me.