Am 10.08.2015 um 19:11 schrieb Antonio Scuri:
>   In the GTK IUP driver what I do is to simply
> call gtk_scrolled_window_set_shadow_type when MULTILINE=Yes,
> and gtk_entry_set_has_frame when multiline=no.
>
>   It is just that the border support. This could be a behavior depending on
> the GTK installation or theme.

This seems to be the cause.

>   You can check the GTK IUP is using with the GTKVERSION global attribute.

That's 2.24.25 here under Iup 3.15 (and I'm not sure that there is
already gtk 3 available in the debian stable I'm running on my ARM).

Thomas tried the very same code I ran linked against gtk 3.10 libgtk
2.24 on Mint 17.2 x86 Iup 3.14.  Different results: border works as
expected but the button placement is suboptimal.  (See attached.)

Best

/Jörg