On 3/16/18, Antonio Scuri <antonio.sc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>   Hi,
>
>   Don't worry I'll not give up on this. But I need a more concrete
> situation. My tests are in an already slow virtual machine.

Thank you for not giving up on me. I appreciate it!
Sorry for the delay. I've been sidetracked on other problems.

FYI, that video recording was of an Ubuntu inside Virtual Box. (But
I've had the problem on native machines too.)

>   I was thinking, would be interesting to analyze the dialog when the
> problem occur.
>
>   Does it happens for which elements? Only a set of elements have problems?

I will do more tests with other elements. My original app actually was
a z-box with 4 different screens. The button demo I sent was a
reduction of that app. The other 3 layers contained mostly buttons,
drop-down lists, text fields, and labels.

I will try to make some new tests that have just those elements and
see what happens.

>   The dialog of the sample contains text with expand, and the initial
> display seems to be correct for the dialog contents, if the dialog was
> shown with that size. I mean the problem could be at the IupDialog only.
>
>   But I don't know what can cause the internal size to be different that
> the initial size. Maybe it is some control initial size that is expanding
> the dialog, that's why I would like to know if it is some class of controls
> that is causing the wrong initial size.

So as a new data point, I accidentally stumbled on this bug again in a
different test. This test is just a single label and webview. I
captured this on my Raspberry Pi 2 which is using the GTK3 backend.
I've linked the good picture and bad. (The Pi seems good at triggering
this bug.)

https://blurrrsdk.com/tempdownload/images/IupWebGoodSize.png
https://blurrrsdk.com/tempdownload/images/IupWebBadSize.png

This is the program:

        Ihandle* the_label = IupLabel("Hello World!");
        Ihandle* web_view = IupWebBrowser();
        IupSetAttribute(web_view, "VALUE", "https://www.google.com";);
        Ihandle* v_box = IupVbox(the_label, web_view, NULL);
        Ihandle* the_dialog = IupDialog(v_box);
        IupSetAttribute(the_dialog, "TITLE", "Blurrr Iup C");
        IupSetAttribute(the_dialog, "SIZE", "HALFxHALF");
        // For Microsoft Windows: This will set the title bar icon to the
application icon.
        IupSetAttribute(the_dialog, "ICON", "IDI_ICON1");
        IupShow(the_dialog);

>   Another thing to be considered is that the only wrong situation is the
> initial size, once the dialog is shown, the layout is actually correct.
> When the dialog is resized by the user, all the elements are correctly
> positioned, right?

If the dialog launches correctly, then the resizing seems to work as
one would expect.

If the dialog launches with an incorrect size, then the resizing is
really hard to understand because it is usually drawn offscreen. It
seems like it is trying to resize in this case, but the underlying
size is so messed up that it's hard to tell.

Thanks,
Eric