Hi,

 I may have solve the problem. At least at the system I was testing were
the problem is reproduced using that sample it was solved.

 It is on SVN. But it is actually very simple in iupgtk_dialog.c:

#define iupABS(_x) ((_x)<0? -(_x): (_x))

static void gtkDialogGetWindowDecor(Ihandle* ih, int *win_border, int
*win_caption)
{
  int x, y, frame_x, frame_y;
  gdk_window_get_origin(iupgtkGetWindow(ih->handle), &x, &y);
  gdk_window_get_root_origin(iupgtkGetWindow(ih->handle), &frame_x,
&frame_y);
  *win_border = iupABS(x - frame_x);   /* For unknown reason GTK sometimes
give negative results */
  *win_caption = iupABS(y - frame_y) - *win_border;
}

  Let me know if it improves your situation.

Best,
Scuri