De: Andrew Robinson <arobinso...@cox.net>
Enviado: quarta-feira, 3 de junho de 2020 19:36
Para: Antonio Scuri
Cc: IUP discussion list.; Richard Stallman
Assunto: Re: [Iup-users] Fw: IUP License Questions

Hello Antonio,

On 2020-06-03 at 10:45 AM, Antonio Scuri
<antonio.sc...@gmail.com<mailto:antonio.sc...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>  I agree with mr Stallman, but I totally disagree with you when you say:
>And I agree with Tysen Moore and his lawyers.

>"That got my attention because I don't like surprises, so then
>Tysen and I both asked Mr Scuri why no mention of this was made in either the
>licensing section or in the credit section, he basically said you had to go
>find it yourself somewhere within the source code."

  >I clearly said I clearly said that our secondary libraries are documented in
each respective page that states they are >NOT part of our main library. Their
licenses are described there. If our secondary library uses a third party
library that >is GPL code then this secondary library is also GPL. That's
exactly why we left it in a secondary library and NOT in the >main library.
Even though all our code is open source and available to everyone use and
modify.

​
>Then give a direct link to where IupTuioClient() in the IUP WebBook where it
>clearly says it isn't a part of the IUP >licensing. I mean just as one example
>of "the right thing to do".

>   This is your misunderstanding. IUP exists for more than 20 years.
>One mistake in 20 years isn't something to be ashamed of, is it?
>Several times it has been analyzed for use in commercial applications that are
>not free. Our documentation is actually >one thing that I'm proud of, making
>clear and being updated in detail for everyone.

 >  Again if you do think this way, please simply don't use it.
>I have a better idea: be more transparent about all the licensing requirements
>of anything that is not actually a part >of the IUP licensing, as every other
>company does. Don't make this more difficult than it has to be.

I not agreed.
First, No one is forced to do or fail to do something for you, is that CLEAR
for you!
Second, Everything that the IUP team does for users is nothing more than
kindness.
Third, if you don't agree with that, you're living in the world of the moon,
it's simple, stop using.

Ranier Vilela