On Mon, 2015-05-11 at 15:55 +0300, Vitaly Chernooky wrote:
> Hi Leon,
>
> On Fri, May 8, 2015 at 4:32 PM, Leon Anavi <leon.an...@konsulko.com>
> wrote:
>         Hi Pedro,
>
>         On 8.05.2015 14:59, pedro.quei...@elektrobit.com wrote:
>                 Hi all,
>                 I have started an attempt to build tizen ivi for the
>                 Renesas R-Car M2 ARM platform (Koelsch board), one of
>                 the goals would be to attempt graphics hw acceleration
>                 with the proprietary drivers.
>                 There are some instructions available in the wiki
>                 regarding using gbs. Nevertheless I wonder whether
>                 someone did or is in the process going the same using
>                 yocto?
>
>         Building Tizen:Common or any of the Tizen profiles based on it
>         (like IVI) for ARM using Yocto isn't easy task. In my opinion
>         the Yocto recipes are not perfect and you will have numerous
>         challenges if you try to build them for any devices with CPU
>         different from Intel.
>

> I have different opinion on it. According to my experience with Yocto,
> it is much more easier to build for ARM with Yocto than with gbs ;)

The comment was about the "Tizen on Yocto" recipes, not Yocto. The
recipes have issues that you don't see when building recipes manually
written for Yocto.

These recipes get converted from .spec files to .bb files based on the
build configuration for x86. All architecture specific tweaks in Tizen
get lost at that point and have to be added back manually to the
generated .bb files.

The spec2yocto conversion tool also does not have enough information
available in the .spec files about dependencies (is a tool needed or
something to link against?) and has to use heuristics, which fail in
some cases when doing cross-compilation.

--
Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

on behalf of Intel on this matter.