Hi Vitaly,

On 12.05.2015 11:26, Vitaly Chernooky wrote:
Hi Leon,

On Tue, May 12, 2015 at 11:02 AM, Leon Anavi <leon.an...@konsulko.com <mailto:leon.an...@konsulko.com>> wrote:

    Hi Vitaly, Patrick,

    On 12.05.2015 10:42, Vitaly Chernooky wrote:
    Hi Patrick,

        <mailto:pedro.quei...@elektrobit.com> wrote:
        >                 Hi all,
        >                 I have started an attempt to build tizen
        ivi for the
        >                 Renesas R-Car M2 ARM platform (Koelsch
        board), one of
        >                 the goals would be to attempt graphics hw
        acceleration
        >                 with the proprietary drivers.
        >                 There are some instructions available in
        the wiki
        >                 regarding using gbs. Nevertheless I wonder
        whether
        >                 someone did or is in the process going the
        same using
        >                 yocto?
        >
        >         Building Tizen:Common or any of the Tizen profiles
        based on it
        >         (like IVI) for ARM using Yocto isn't easy task. In
        my opinion
        >         the Yocto recipes are not perfect and you will have
        numerous
        >         challenges if you try to build them for any devices
        with CPU
        >         different from Intel.
        >

        > I have different opinion on it. According to my experience
        with Yocto,
        > it is much more easier to build for ARM with Yocto than
        with gbs ;)

        The comment was about the "Tizen on Yocto" recipes, not
        Yocto. The
        recipes have issues that you don't see when building recipes
        manually
        written for Yocto.

        These recipes get converted from .spec files to .bb files
        based on the
        build configuration for x86. All architecture specific tweaks
        in Tizen
        get lost at that point and have to be added back manually to the
        generated .bb files.

        The spec2yocto conversion tool also does not have enough
        information
        available in the .spec files about dependencies (is a tool
        needed or
        something to link against?) and has to use heuristics, which
        fail in
        some cases when doing cross-compilation.

    It looks like you have skipped my announce of successful building
    of "Tizen IVI on Yocto" for ARM-based board DRA7XX. And as far as
    I recall Leon have used few my recipes changes in his buildings.
    It was the reason why I expected than Leon would understand me :)

    Vitaly, yes I used parts of your recipes. Actually similar fixes
    exist for the recipes in the fork of Tizen:Common for Raspberry Pi
    2 which is maintained by Samsung Open Source Group.

    In my opinion the main problem at the moment is that building
    Tizen:Common or Tizen IVI using Yocto for ARM does not work out of
    the box.

But, is building Tizen IVI for ARM using GBS working now? About half of year ago it doesn't work and amount of efforts to made it working was much-more bigger than insignificant efforts to made "Tizen IVI on Yocto" for ARM working.

I haven't built any Tizen profiles with GBS recently. I think that the daily images of Tizen:Common are built using GBS. New Tizen:Common images for ARM are available so I assume it should be working:
http://download.tizen.org/snapshots/tizen/common/latest/images/

    As far as I remember your changes related to DRA7XX were pushed
    into a sandbox. Do you plan to merge them with tizen-distro upstream

As far as I understand Tizen maintainers they will do it themselves when they will be interesting in it.
I doubt that the maintainers have the resources to do it right now. According to git log there have been almost no changes for several months in the upstream of "Tizen on Yocto" for Tizen:Common and Tizen IVI.

Best regards,
Leon

    and to support both ARM & Intel machines with the same recipes?

I do not know. I'm deallocated from Tizen activity so I do not have any ideas about it.

With best regards,

    Thanks,
    Leon

    With best regards,

        --
        Best Regards, Patrick Ohly

        The content of this message is my personal opinion only and
        although
        represent Intel's position on the issue, nor am I authorized
        to speak
        on behalf of Intel on this matter.

-- *Vitaly Chernooky | Senior Developer - Product Engineering and
    Development*
    GlobalLogic
    P _+380.44.4929695 <tel:%2B380.44.4929695> ext.1136_ M
    _+380.63.6011802 <tel:%2B380.63.6011802>_ S cvv_2k
    www.globallogic.com <http://www.globallogic.com>

    http://www.globallogic.com/email_disclaimer.txt

-- Leon Anavi
    Software Engineer
    Mob :+359 88 527 7901  <tel:%2B359%2088%20527%207901>
    konsulko.com  <http://konsulko.com>

--
*Vitaly Chernooky | Senior Developer - Product Engineering and Development*
GlobalLogic
P _+380.44.4929695 ext.1136_ M _+380.63.6011802_ S cvv_2k
www.globallogic.com <http://www.globallogic.com>

http://www.globallogic.com/email_disclaimer.txt

--
Leon Anavi