On Wednesday 05 October 2005 21:43, Tyler Trafford wrote:
> A week or so back I moved the contents of the 'patches' directory and a
> few things from the 'utils' directory into 'misc'.
>
> It's my feeling that these files probably shouldn't be in the
> distribution itself, but instead in a directory on dl.ivtvdriver.org
> (and linked to from the wiki).
>
> Anyone object?

Yes :-) I've looked at the files in that directory and I think zvbi.diff and
lircrc can be safely deleted. zvbi.diff is no longer needed for the latest
version of the zvbi library and lircrc seems rather pointless. I'd like
alevt.diff to stay: alevt is no longer maintained AFAIK so it's unlikely new
versions will appear. That makes this patch still relevant. The lircd*.conf
files are a good idea but out of date (at least for my setup). However,
rather than removing them they should be fixed I think. I intend to tackle
this myself: through luck I happen to have all Hauppauge remotes except for
the IR blaster so I can test almost all of them.

I have no knowledge of the other files, someone else should determine if these
are still relevant.

        Hans

MPlayer-1.0pre5-ivtv-osd-4.diff
README