I agree mostly with hkaiserl, but I'd like to add some extra thoughts.

When we started using Ivy, we were also using ClearCase. Initially we
decided to put 3rd party libraries etc also in ClearCase. Our own built
artifacts were stored on a shared drive (not version controlled). This
worked not so bad, but wasn't perfect. In the context of ClearCase it was
actually not a strange idea to version binaries, because ClearCase is
designed to store sources and binaries. ClearCase has also some unique
features for build management system, e.g. in the area of build avoidance.
On the other hand, when you use Ivy-dependencies to control the version,
you have already your versioning via the Ivy revision numbers. So adding an
additional versioning layer (ClearCase) on top of that, can generate
strange effects when resolving these dependencies.

Later on, we moved to Git and to Artifactory. We chose Artifactory above
Nexus, because we found that Nexus was too much focused on the maven
eco-system. I am not sure if this is still the case. On the other, hand the
GUI of Nexus seems to be more intuitive. Anyway, I am quite happy with the
features and versatility of Artifactory. Initially we used the free OSS
version, but since last year, we purchased the Pro version.

Regards,
Marc