It's funny, because the reasons why we chose Artifactory, seem to be the
same as the reasons why you chose Nexus :)

I compared Nexus, Artifactory and Archiva approximately 3 years ago.
At that time, I had the impression that Nexus had only support for standard
maven repositories, and we were working with customized ivy-repositories.
My impression was also that you had to pay for the more interesting
features. I may have been wrong then ?

Then I installed Artifactory OSS (the free version), and it had also
support for Ivy and Gradle builds. Unfortunately, the repository layouts
were not configurable in the free version. But I found out that Artifactory
still works correctly if the defined layout in Artifactory is different
from the layout that the build system uses for publishing and resolving. So
it is really Ivy who controls the layout of the repo when you publish and
resolve.
When I had installed the Artifactory as a POC, it was actually immediately
considered as the official binary repository system, and we didn't look
anymore at Nexus. Installation of Artifactory was also straightforward,
using an rpm package. Also upgrading seems to be as easy as the Nexus
upgrades.

When we purchased Artifactory, I configured the repository layouts of the
repos correctly (which in my opinion didn't make a big operational
difference), and we started using the extra features such as better
integration with Jenkins, build promotion in Artifactory, RPM and Python
repositories. I saw that Artifactory also supports docker, but I assume
only in the paid version.

If all these features are available in the free Nexus, then Nexus may be a
better alternative, but then there are must be other features which are
only available in the paid Nexus?

Regards,
Marc