#63: Resolver use /etc/hosts for resolving.
----------------------------------+-----------------------------------------
Reporter:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]  |       Owner:  smoku   
    Type:  enhancement            |      Status:  new     
Priority:  major                  |   Component:  resolver
 Version:  2.1                    |    Keywords:          
----------------------------------+-----------------------------------------
 It would be nice, that when resolver is to check address for connecting,
 it firstly tried to find an address in /etc/hosts, and then if not found
 tried to perform as it is done now. As it is specified in
 trunk/resolver/TODO .

 Example: Somehow I have a server.org on lan as 10.0.0.1 and on internet as
 11.11.11.11. Also I have a server server.com on lan as 10.0.0.2 and on
 internet as 12.12.12.12 . I want to make s2s connection between them, but
 not to use standard SRV dns queries (because it will make connection
 server.org<-net->server.com), but before that, check the correct entry in
 /etc/hosts, that contains local ip (so that servers connected fully
 directly to each other). Because it is faster and more reliable connection
 (if one machine loses internet connection, both servers can still 'talk'
 to each other).

-- 
Ticket URL: <http://jabberd2.xiaoka.com/ticket/63>
jabberd2 <http://jabberd2.xiaoka.com/>
jabberd2 project
_______________________________________________
jabberd2 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://lists.xiaoka.com/listinfo.cgi/jabberd2-xiaoka.com

Reply via email to