On Tue, 5 Feb 2008 21:36:38 +0200
"Halil Ağın" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hello list;
> 
> I have a problem with jabberd-2.1.22 and mysql.
> 
> I do installatiaon and configure sm.xml and  c2s.xml files. When i
> execute "./jabberd -D" with jabber user.
> i get below error.
> 
> -------------------------------------------
> ROUT: Tue Feb  5 19:03:25 2008 filter.c:51 loading filter
> SM  : Tue Feb  5 19:03:25 2008 [info] loading 'mysql' storage module
> RSLV: sx (client.c:122) doing client init for sx 5
> SM  : Character set 'utf8' is not a compiled character set and is not
> specified in the '/usr/share/mysql/charsets/Index' file
I don't really know, but it seems to be most likely a problem with
MySQL and not with jabberd.

Did you check if /usr/share/mysql/charsets/Index actually exists? I
checked mine and it contains the following entry:

<charset name="utf8">
  <family>Unicode</family>
  <description>UTF-8 Unicode</description>
  <alias>utf-8</alias>
  <collation name="utf8_general_ci"     id="33">
   <flag>primary</flag>
   <flag>compiled</flag>
  </collation>
  <collation name="utf8_bin"            id="83">
    <flag>binary</flag>
    <flag>compiled</flag>
  </collation>
</charset>

I use jabberd 2.1.23 with MySQL 5.0.51 on Debian. It works out of the
box.

Regards,
harry

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: PGP signature

Reply via email to