In my search for a way to pre-populate each user's roster, I found out
about the "roster.xml" file. According to what I've read, I should be
able to populate that and in turn everyone in that list will show up in
each user's roster. I tried putting 2-3 users in there but they're not
showing up when I login.

So I have a couple questions about this:

1) What is the difference between having your roster in the DB versus
the roster.xml approache?

2) As I stated previously, the items in roster.xml are not showing up in
my roster. Am I missing something? Yes I uncommented the <roster>
section in sm.xml and I restarted jabberd2.

3) Could someone tell me what each field in the roster-items and
roster-groups tables mean? If I choose to go the route of having my
roster in the DB, I could write a shell script to scrape my LDAP
(ActiveDirectory) and pre-populate that DB.

Thanks in advance!

-- 
To unsubscribe send a mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to