Am Donnerstag, den 07.08.2008, 22:11 +0200 schrieb Tomasz Sterna:
> Dnia 2008-08-07, czw o godzinie 20:05 +0200, Jelmer Vernooij pisze:
> > Attached is an updated version of my patch that causes the login
> > procedure to complete successfully.
>
> The patch looks good.
> But... could you please explain how exactly does GSSAPI work?
>
> Which client does support it? How does it talk to Kerberos.
It's pretty hard to describe how GSSAPI works in a couple of sentences.
GSSAPI itself is a generic security layer, though it's primarily used
for Kerberos. GSSAPI basically allows using your local Kerberos ticket
to authenticate to remote services.

The only clients I'm aware of to support GSSAPI at the moment are
pidgin, psi and Coccinella. Other clients that rely on Cyrus SASL
probably also support it. I've also submitted a patch to pyxmpp recently
that adds support for it and plan to submit patches for BitlBee and
libloudmouth.

Other servers that support it include Wildfire and Ejabberd (with a
patch).

Cheers,

Jelmer
--