On Wednesday 23 September 2009 23:21:27 Harald Braumann wrote:
> Are there chances that udns gets replaced by something else in
> jabberd2? Something that is actively maintained and used by other
> projects as well? I've looked around a bit and there are some
> alternatives, like lwres or ldns, but I'm not sure how well they fit
> with jabberd2's asynchronous IO model.

from the debian maintainer point of view, any async dns resolver available in
debian could be used to replace udns.

see http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=493599 for more
information on this issue.

i've paused my work on jabberd2 packaging until we come up with something that
lets jabberd2 go into the stable release.