Hi all,
I've been running jabberd2 for some time on an Ubuntu box using crypted passwords. The only sort of non-standard configuration I have is that we're using mu-conference and MySQL with crypted passwords. However, with the latest update to Ubuntu today ("natty narwhal"), c2s is breaking when a client connects with:

jabberd2-c2s: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/jabberd2/authreg_mysql.so: undefined symbol: crypt

No jabberd2 packages were upgraded or installed in the upgrade process, but he upgrade installed: [libmysqlclient-dev libmysqlclient16 mysql-client mysql-client-5.1 mysql-client-core-5.1 mysql-common mysql-server mysql-server-5.1 mysql-server-core-5.1].

When I change password_type in my c2s config from <crypt/> to <plaintext/>, things work fine, but having plaintext passwords in the database isn't acceptable. I'm assuming that some library or dependency got borked unnoticed in the upgrade, but I can't seem to figure out what.

--
August