Hi,

Sorry about the very long delay, I'm currently very busy at work.

> I installed Jabberd2 from the latest Debian/Ubuntu package available
> (2.2.8 I believe). The only crypto-related library I could find that
> changed in my upgrade is libgcrypt (went from 1.4.5-2 to 1.4.6-4).
>
> Just as a test, I located the relevant portion of the jabberd2 source
> code (storage/authreg_mysql.c). I then replicated it's use of the
> crypt function into a sample C program of my own. When
> compiling/linking, I get: undefined reference to `crypt'. So whatever
> has gone wrong seems to have occurred at a very basic level.

Checking again from the beginning, crypt function is implemented in
libcrypt and not libcrypto, sorry about that. Can you try compiling
your test again, explicitly linking against libcrypt?

Eg:
gcc -o crypttest crypttest.c -lcrypt

> I'm not sure what to make of the output at all, but i ran ldd on the
> authreg_mysql.o file as you suggested and go this output:

ldd outputs the libraries that was linked during compilation and if one
of them is missing (eg. the dynamic linker can't find it) it will
output a broken library.

In the output you have provided there is no libcrypt.so, so It could
be some faulty configure script or Makefile.in in jabberd2 source tree?

Regards,
--
  .:''''':.
.:'        `     Sérgio Surkamp | Gerente de Rede