On Tue, Oct 18, 2016 at 6:46 AM, Lovro Pandzic <lovro.pand...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Ok, I agree.
>
> Regarding parameter names, in 3.0.0 I suggest that the default behaviour
> for single param constructors (delegating creator) changes so we can cover
> everything with parameter names by default.

This is possible, and should be considered. Perhaps coupled with addition
of a `MapperFeature` to choose (to allow legacy usage support) this would
make sense.

> Regarding Java 8 time, in 3.0.0 I suggest that this should be aligned with
> Date behaviour regarding ISO-8601 handling (offset/timezone) -
> https://github.com/FasterXML/jackson-datatype-jsr310/issues/79. Current
> behaviour is inconsistent with Date behaviour.

Yes, I think this would be good time to align this, and other cases
(java.sql.Date) for date/times. And I think there may be couple of other
similar cases where datatype modules differ.

-+ Tatu +-