Hi,

As per the documentation available
at http://www.eclemma.org/jacoco/trunk/doc/offline.html on "Using
Pre-Instrumented Classes With the Java Agent' :

"*It is possible* to also use offline-instrumented classes with the JaCoCo
Java agent. In this case the configuration is taken from the agent options.
The agent must be configured in a way that pre-instrumented classes are
excluded, e.g. with "excludes=*". Otherwise it will result in error
messages on the console if the agent instruments such classes again."

I tried with couple of maven projects and able to see that this
(pre-instrumented classes with jacoco-maven-plugin:prepare-agent test) is
working fine. But, in some projects this is NOT working and throwing
an exception "Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
org.jacoco.agent.rt.internal_6da5971.Offline" (I was following on this
exception on separate thread).

Please help me in understanding this ! In what scenarios it works and not
works !!! Would request to please elaborate on the phrase *"It is
possible..."*

I understand that offline instrumentation + placing jacocoagent.jar
in class-path is the right way, but some how ., with whatever the possible
maven (pom.xml) configuration ., that's always throwing exception. That's
why trying to understand the things at more deeper level !!!

Thank you !!!

-Regards,
Kesav.