Hi all,

cross-posting to two communities as this is of common interested:

I've just uploaded a new side-project of Jailhouse. It's called
jailhouse-images [1], and it aims at generating all what is required to
try out Jailhouse in QEMU/KVM environment.

It does this by using the Isar image builder for Debian. So this project
may also serve the Isar project as reference and test case.

I didn't write a README yet, but the project is almost self explaining:

- make sure you have docker installed and can launch privileged
  containers and qemu-system-x86_64 in a recent version (2.9 is fine
  e.g.)

- clone the jailhouse-images project [1]

- run ./build-images.sh (takes about 15 minutes on a decent notebook
  with decent Internet)

- run ./start-qemu.sh x86

- log into the machine (root/root) and play with Jailhouse

Jailhouse config files are installed under /etc/jailhouse, inmate images
/usr/libexec/jailhouse/demos.

Jan

[1] https://github.com/siemens/jailhouse-images