On 2018-02-09 16:23, Jan Kiszka wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> cross-posting to two communities as this is of common interested:
>
> I've just uploaded a new side-project of Jailhouse. It's called
> jailhouse-images [1], and it aims at generating all what is required to
> try out Jailhouse in QEMU/KVM environment.
>
> It does this by using the Isar image builder for Debian. So this project
> may also serve the Isar project as reference and test case.
>
> I didn't write a README yet, but the project is almost self explaining:
>
> - make sure you have docker installed and can launch privileged
>   containers and qemu-system-x86_64 in a recent version (2.9 is fine
>   e.g.)
>
> - clone the jailhouse-images project [1]
>
> - run ./build-images.sh (takes about 15 minutes on a decent notebook
>   with decent Internet)
>
> - run ./start-qemu.sh x86
>
> - log into the machine (root/root) and play with Jailhouse
>
> Jailhouse config files are installed under /etc/jailhouse, inmate images
> /usr/libexec/jailhouse/demos.
>
> Jan
>
> [1] https://github.com/siemens/jailhouse-images

Forgot to mention some things:

1. Feedback if the whole setup works for others would be very welcome!

2. This actually stresses yet another OSS project of us: kas [2]. It's
   being used for Isar layer configuration management and bitbake setup
   along with its build container kasproject/kas-isar for Isar.

3. One already planned feature for jailhouse-images is support for a
   qemu-amd64 image, probably also stressing qemu-static vs. cross build
   support.

We could also include support for bootable images of some of our
reference boards at some point, but we will need some more tuning on
Isar for that first (on wic in particular). And, eventually, this
builder could spit out images for automated tests as well.

Jan

[2] https://github.com/siemens/kas