Am Thu, 29 Nov 2018 02:53:24 -0800
schrieb <janvonwia...@gmail.com>:

> On Monday, January 15, 2018 at 9:04:57 AM UTC+1, jonas wrote:
>
> > > - it also seems you have added tools to the guest-code-repo but
> > > they do not seem essential, but are mentioned in your docs
> > > (shmem-pump)
> > Yes, some very simple tools for modifying/displaying the contents
> > of the shmem-area from the root-cell using the uio-ivshmem.ko
> > module.
>
> Hi Jonas and Henning,
>
> I managed to get the demo running on the emtrion RZ/G1E, but I'm not
> sure what shmem_pump and shmem_dump are doing. These tools are not
> available in the ivshmem-guest-code repo. Can you please elaborate,
> what they're doing or even share the code? That'd be great.

Hi,

i do not actually remember the details. Most of the stuff in the repo
is not jailhouse specific but rather qemu specific. The scope of the
jailhouse support does not go beyond what you will find in
README.jailhouse. And it is really just a demo to understand the basics
of setting up the shmem, sending/receiving data and interrupts.
For anything beyond that i suggest to check out the ivshmem network
device driver. This driver is an example working on all arches since a
long time, just harder to understand what is going on.

The tools you are looking for might be in qemu and might just not work
with the jailhouse implementation of ivshmem.

There was a follow up series of patches from me, which also did not get
merged, but might be a better start if you are just looking at the demo.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/jailhouse-dev/TeGZNtfOV1Y

Henning