On 09.03.22 10:54, Philip Molloy wrote:
> Good morning,
>
> I'm porting Jailhouse to a board with a STM32MP157 and have a few random
> questions.
>
> Are folks still using the #jailhouse channel on Freenode?[1] I joined
> briefly and didn't see anyone. It seems like most projects have moved to
> LiberaChat, but I didn't see anyone there either. I also checked OFTC.

I think the IRC channel was never very active. Moving to LiberaChat
would be appropriate now, but without an audience...?

> It is a bit confusing what patches need to be applied to the kernel. I
> initially saw the patch embedded in the CI script, which I applied to my
> kernel, but then came across queues/jailhouse in git.kiszka.org and
> applied that instead.

queues/jailhouse is mainline tracking,
https://github.com/siemens/linux/commits/jailhouse-enabling/5.15 is
current "stable". You can also find branches for older LTS baselines there.

In addition, you can find two reference integrations for 32-bit arm in
https://github.com/siemens/jailhouse-images.

> It might be nice to update to README to clarify what should be applied.
> And perhaps modify the CI so that it uses queues/jailhouse or tags based
> on it. I'd be happy to make those changes.

CI is using an older kernel to stress compat support. It only has to
build, not work, thus this shorter queue.

> I believe one important difference between queues/jailhouse and the
> embedded patch is that queues/jailhouse doesn't seem to revert
> 15ff9a39cd5ebabdf704634ea58806f2d12bbc39. For more information on the
> impact see 6e43fb65 on my development branch.[2]
>
> Feel free to take a look at my progress on Gitlab.[3] Note that I still
> have a bunch of TODOs littered around, but feedback is always welcome.
>
> Also, if anyone from emtrion is active here, I noticed the emsBC-Argon
> also uses a STM32MP157 and I'd be happy collaborate.[4]
>
> Best,
> Philip
>
> [1]: https://github.com/siemens/jailhouse/blob/master/README.md?plain=1#L47
> [2]: