Hi Joep,

Careful, I'm not saying we should all use python and anything else. I'm not
talking about the language, I'm talking the format of files containing our
non-jal information (which becomes highly precious...). There shouldn't be
high impacts on our internal tools, provided there's a lib available for the
language, and provided this format is simple enough.

Ex: for python, with yaml:

import yaml
mystruct = yaml.load(file("pic_ds.yaml"))


Done. Now in mystruct I have all the PIC <=> DS relationship. YAML is
simple, so is JSON. They're available for python, and perl for sure ! Don't
know for Rexx though... I've used both, and think they should fit the need.
But I'm open to suggestions !



Cheers,
Seb

2009/7/6 Joep Suijs <[email protected]>

>
> Hi Seb,
>
> Are you sure you want this, also for the 'internal' tools?
> Of couse I see the benefits and am happy to comply if that is what we
> decide upon.
> But I also see that there are just a few people around, all very
> skilled at their own tool. If people do switch, it will take reduce
> productivity for the next, say ten large, programs. (at least for me -
> I tried python an abandoned it again to go back to perl - it has all
> the functionality of python I need, I used it a lot and still use it
> for other projects).
>
> Joep
>
> 2009/7/5 Sebastien Lelong <[email protected]>:
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > We currently have many different files as source of information: PIC/DS
> > mapping in wiki, pinmap, adc pins, etc... Some are in wiki format, some
> as a
> > python lib (and some in Rexx ?).
> >
> > All this information can be used in many script. For instance, I had to
> > parse a wiki page in order to build a python lib giving me the PIC <=> DS
> > relation. If we had a common format for all our scripts, life would be
> > easier, and time less wasted. Every piece of information, extracted from
> dev
> > files, datasheets, or anything else would then be available as a standard
> > format, for everyone.
> >
> > Can we agree on an "official" format ? Widely used enough so every
> language
> > can have a lib to use this format, and simple enough so it can be
> read/write
> > by a human (ie. not XML...). Any suggestions ? (mines are: JSON or YAML).
> >
> >
> > Seb
> > --
> > Sébastien Lelong
> > http://www.sirloon.net
> > http://sirbot.org
> >
> > >
> >
>
> >
>


-- 
Sébastien Lelong
http://www.sirloon.net
http://sirbot.org

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to