Hi Seb,

Sebastien Lelong wrote:
> Hi guys, 
> We currently have many different files as source of information: PIC/DS
> mapping in wiki, pinmap, adc pins, etc... Some are in wiki format, some as a
> python lib (and some in Rexx ?).
> 
> All this information can be used in many script. For instance, I had to
> parse a wiki page in order to build a python lib giving me the PIC <=> DS
> relation. If we had a common format for all our scripts, life would be
> easier, and time less wasted. Every piece of information, extracted from dev
> files, datasheets, or anything else would then be available as a standard
> format, for everyone.
> 
> Can we agree on an "official" format ? Widely used enough so every language
> can have a lib to use this format, and simple enough so it can be read/write
> by a human (ie. not XML...). Any suggestions ? (mines are: JSON or YAML).

I agree that for the longer term, and to ensure some continuity in case 
people withdraw from Jallib (for whatever reason) it is good to organize 
our (derived) reference material in a commonly used format.
I'm afraid I've no experience with YAML or JSON, and I didn't find any 
Rexx interfaces for it.  But I noticed that Firefox has its bookmark 
backup in JSON format, and a quick search on Internet showed me that it 
is not a complicated format. So maybe a better search may show something 
more, or maybe I can find someone to port a Linux implementation....

Regards, Rob.


-- 
Rob Hamerling, Vianen, NL (http://www.robh.nl/)

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to