2009/8/1 Sebastien Lelong <[email protected]>:

> But I could use my_proc() both in the ISR by registering it as an alias, and
> also call it from my main program.
Interesting testcase. if my_proc() has local variables or calling
parameters, the compiler will create two instances when the code is
called from both isr and main. I wonder if it does when aliasses are
used (it probably does, but worth checking).

> Stack level can be saved with "pragma
> inline". And I as a user wouldn't have to actually *think* which interrupt
> flags I need to check, not to mention I have to remember to clear this flag.
> As a ser, I just want my special procedure to be called at specific times, I
> don't want to know if it's done using interrupts or not. This is an
> implementation detail...
We agree on this. What I want to make sure is that the user does not
need to think about 2 new things, just because we want to shield 2
things. And it should give relative efficient code (no more stack
levels, no more ram uses if possible).

> And I also know this kind of construction (alias + registering within an
> interrupt) just fits my mind, the way I like to build things...
Very little fits in my mind these days, so I like as little
translation levels as possible. I have about 75 jal apps laying around
(counting jallib as one ;), so prefer to create a procedure called
timerX_callable() each time. This way I know at first glance it is
related to the timerx lib, without looking up the alias...

Joep

--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"jallib" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/jallib?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to